People & Culture Manager
Hey there, Busbud is looking for a People & Culture Manager to join the team!
The best about working at Busbud is to collaborate with amazing colleagues who come from all over the world! We want to maintain this diverse, collaborative and caring environment as we grow our team and also become more distributed. We’re looking for a new People and Culture Manager who will be an inspiring leader for our culture and employee experience.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone who loves people, is caring and proactive, adores solving human problems, is a self-starter and enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment. This role will be based in Montréal but will support all employees in Canada, the USA, Turkey and other parts of the world.
Who we are
Busbud is the largest online travel agency specializing in intercity bus and coach travel with the widest global coverage. Travelling is our passion, and we work hard to offer the most comprehensive network of city-to-city travels. We are live in over 80+ countries, 21,000 cities and offer more than 2,300,000 bus routes. Our goal is to provide a more environmentally friendly, accessible and interconnected world for everyone.
What you can expect from this opportunity
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Design and execute recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidates.
- Manage a People and Culture Coordinator and grow the People and Culture team to support the business.
- Define a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package.
- Lead a seamless onboarding experience to efficiently integrate new employees.
- Implement development strategy and succession planning based on the knowledge of employee development, training and future business needs.
- Nurture a positive working environment and be the guardian of Busbud’s culture as we scale.
- Promote inclusion in the workplace and reinforce our position as an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage and facilitate the continuous performance management process.
- Act as a coach for all management levels from leadership team to team leaders and help them drive effective career conversations, develop their teams, provide guidance on career and training plans.
- Ensure legal compliance with CNESST, OQLF and other third parts.
How can you impress us?
- Proven working experience as a HR Manager or a Talent Acquisition Manager.
- You are able to architect strategy along with strong leadership skills
- You are known for your empathy, your active listening, influence and presentation skills
- You build strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- You know Canadian labor laws and can easily ramp up your knowledge for other regions of the world.
- You tend to follow innovative HR practices
- You communicate fluently in English and French.
What’s in it for you?
- Opt-in onboarding with a real human team mate that will respect social distancing and guide you through your first few months
- Compensation based on experience
- 4 weeks of vacation (3 weeks + holiday season)
- Healthcare Benefits (health, drugs, vision, dental)
- Stock options
- Equipment so you can work from home effectively (chair, Apple laptop, screen)
- Free bus tickets all over the world!
- Work in a diverse and inclusive environment
Busbud is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing its team members with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Busbud are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Learn more about why we care about diversity.