Senior Full-stack Developer
Hey there, Busbud is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join our team!
Busbud is the leading online travel agency focused on intercity bus travel and mobility, with the widest global coverage. Travelling is our passion, and we work hard to offer the most comprehensive network of city-to-city travels. We are live in 83 countries, 21,000 cities and offer more than 2,300,000 million bus routes. Our goal is to provide a more environmentally friendly, accessible and interconnected world for everyone.
About the role
- Architect, design, build and deliver the next generation of features for travellers using our public API and mobile-friendly website to book trips and support them before, during and after their travels
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers, both in your team (cross-functional squads like Payments, Supply, Product Experience and Marketing) and in other teams inside Busbud, to deliver high-quality products to our customers
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Find and address areas of improvement to make our platform and product best in class
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Implement appropriate test coverage, automation, monitoring and rollout plans
- Balance scope and deadlines to deliver on quality and speed
How can you impress us?
- About 5 years of full-time work experience in software engineering focused on API or web development
- Experience shipping one or more APIs, web or mobile apps, ideally currently and publicly available on the internet or in the Google Play and App Store
- Projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense on mobile devices
- Entrepreneurial sense: you can Get Stuff Done effectively with limited resources and a small team
- Solid technical chops: people respect and trust your opinions
- Passion and growth mindset: you love what you do and you are always keen to learn new things
What’s in it for you?
- Opt-in onboarding with a real human team mate that will respect social distancing and guide you through your first few months
- Compensation based on experience
- 4 weeks of vacation (3 weeks + holiday season)
- Healthcare Benefits (health, drugs, vision, dental)
- Stock options
- Equipment so you can work from home effectively (chair, Apple laptop, screen)
- Free bus tickets all over the world!
- Work in a diverse and inclusive environment
Visas and work permits
If you are not already authorized to live and work in Canada, we will sponsor the following work permits:
- R204(a) T23 (university graduates who are citizens of the United States, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Colombia, or South Korea)
- IEC Young Professionals (age and citizenship requirements)
- Employer-specific work permit
Busbud is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing its team members with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Busbud are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Learn more about why we care about diversity.