INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
1. What Information Do We Collect?
The types of personal and other information we may collect about you are primarily from four sources: (a) information you provide; (b) third party information collected; (c) information automatically collected; and (d) cookies.
a) Information You Provide
Busbud collects personal information about you when you register to become a user of our Website and/or Services, and when you otherwise transmit such information to us via the Internet (including partner websites) or by email. For instance, and without limitation, to maintain your account we collect and store in a database your name, addresses, email address and telephone numbers.
b) Third Party Information Collected
Busbud collects personal information and other information about or related to you from Facebook and potentially other third parties ("Facebook Information") when you connect, register or sign-up for the Services (including when you download the mobile application). In such cases, you allow Busbud to access and obtain personal information and other Facebook Information about you from Facebook (including from your Facebook profile information and pictures and information about your friends and likes) and such other third parties. The Facebook Information you allow Busbud to access and collect is affected by the privacy settings you establish with Facebook or such other third parties (and you can control and find out more about these settings by visiting www.facebook.com or such settings of third parties, if applicable). The Facebook Information is subject to certain terms and conditions which restrict and proscribe our use, disclosure and protection of your Facebook Information in accordance with the applicable policies on www.facebook.com (or the websites of such other third parties, if applicable) (the "Facebook Restrictions").
c) Information Automatically Collected
Busbud automatically collects session information about your computer when you visit the Website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer), and referring website.
When you visit the Website, whether as a non-registered user just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website, pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Website and for the Website’s technical administration, to increase our Website’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Website to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Website meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as personal information or use it in association with other personal information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other non-identifying information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that they believe may be of interest to you, which are referred to as interest-based advertisements. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website and/or Services. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having your information used by these companies, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
Busbud may use the information submitted, collected, received or generated from and/or about you for any of the following purposes (except that Facebook Information is subject to the Facebook Restrictions):
- To process the transaction and provide you with the bus tickets you purchased and the information you need to use them;
- To operate, provide, administer, develop, and improve our Website and/or Services, and to operate and support Busbud’s related businesses;
- To develop, improve and optimize the quality of our Website and/or Services;
- To authenticate users of our Website and/or Services;
- To better understand how users access and use our Website and/or Services on an aggregated and individualized basis, to track and monitor usage, to conduct quality control, to fix technical and other errors or problems, to conduct market research and to respond to user desires and preferences;
- To analyze, compile, publish, sell and otherwise exploit information relating to usage and users of the Website and/or Services;
- For advertising, marketing and promotional purposes;
- To maintain internal records;
- To provide personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your usage of our Website and/or Services;
- To provide you with support and handle inquiries;
- To communicate with or contact you concerning your account or membership or your usage of or participation in the Website and/or Services, and for other customer service;
- To offer you content, services, or other products and services, including to develop new services and products;
- To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations and any regulatory mandate or court order;
- To protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect Busbud’s rights or property.
3. What Information Do We Share And/Or Disclose?
Internally, only employees who need access to your information for the execution of their duties will have access to it. Busbud may also share your personal information, including:
- within the Busbud family of companies, which includes parents, corporate, affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership;
- with select business partners including bus companies that may communicate with you regarding your travel and their future special offers;
- with third-party service providers working on behalf of Busbud;
- to law enforcement authorities.
4. How Do We Store Your Information?
Your personal information may be stored outside Canada, such as within the United States of America and Europe. Therefore, local tribunal and legislation will have jurisdiction with regards to the access to your personal information.
Busbud has implemented various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information under our control. For instance, we limit access to your personal information to authorized Busbud personnel.
While we maintain a multitude of security measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal information, no security measures are absolute or wholly guaranteed. We will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine there were unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this policy, or other security breaches, or where otherwise required by law.
Busbud will maintain your personal information for as long as a business need exists, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
We reserve the right to store personal information submitted by you at the time of making a Submission, including name, city, country and email. We store this information in order (i) to add your name to the contributor roll on the Website to thank you for your Submission and (ii) to notify you when the Submission is posted online, if applicable and if you have explicitly agreed in being notified. We do not spam. We will store your Submission with a timestamp.
5. Right To Access And Correct
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may consult the personal information that we have disclosed, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information.
If some or all of your information is deleted from your Facebook profile or (in the even one is created, in the Busbud’s user registration or profile section) your account may become deactivated, your right to use the Website and/or Services may terminate and you may no longer be able to use the Website and/or Services. We are not responsible for updating, correcting or removing any of your information disclosed to or held by third parties.
7. Contact Information