Last updated: February 27, 2019
These terms and conditions govern the Busbud Refund Policy (the "Refund Policy") available to Passengers who purchase a Bus Ticket listed by a Bus Operator through the Busbud Inc, Busbud USA, Busbud Europe and Busbud Brasil Reserva de Passagens LTDA platform (the "Site").
- Refund Policy for Technical Issue. If you are a Passenger and suffer a Technical issue, we agree, at our discretion, to reimburse you up to the amount paid by you through the Site, as determined by Busbud at our discretion, depending on the nature of the Technical issue suffered.
- Technical issue. A “Technical Issue” with the booking process means any one of the following:
- The Bus Ticket was not delivered electronically to the Passenger in time for the Bus travel.
- The Bus Ticket delivered to the Passenger electronically contains inaccurate information.
- The charge on the Passenger’s credit card does match the final price of the ticket purchased on the website at the time of the booking.
- Conditions to Claim a Technical issue. The Passenger is required to meet each of the following conditions in order to submit a valid claim for a Technical issue and receive the benefits:
- The Passenger must have made a purchase on Busbud.com and have had his credit card charged.
- The Passenger must bring the Technical issue to our attention in writing (Help Center) as soon as the issue is detected, and provide us with information about the Bus Ticket and the circumstances of the Technical issue. The claim must be made at the latest 24 hours after the time and date of the bus travel (as listed on the Bus Ticket), and must respond to any requests by us for additional information or cooperation on the Technical issue.
- The Passenger must not have directly or indirectly caused the Technical issue (through your action, omission or negligence). The Passenger must not have failed to receive the email due to the use of filter or email-blocking technology that prevents the correct delivery of email.
- Refund Policy for Travel Issue. Busbud does not offer refunds for Travel Issues. The Passenger should contact the Bus Operator directly about their refund policy regarding any Travel Issue relating to the actual bus travel. Some bus operators may be able to provide assistance, refunds or financial compensation.
- Travel issue. A “Travel issue” means any one of the following:
- the Bus Operator cancels a bus transport shortly before the scheduled start of the reservation, or the bus departure is late or delayed due to breakdowns, road conditions, weather or other conditions beyond the Bus Operator’s control.
- The Bus travel presents a safety or security issue for the Passenger.
- The Passenger could not board due to not presenting valid ID or proof of age for a discounted fare (ie. senior, student, etc.) or not respecting a Bus Operator’s policies, such as but not limited to baggage, animals and passenger behavior.
- Policy to modify a Bus Ticket. Busbud does not currently allow Passengers to modify a ticket or reservation. Busbud lists the Bus Operator’s specific terms on the checkout page before the Passenger buys a Bus Ticket. The Bus Operator may specify that the ticket is exchangeable or refundable.
In any case, the Passenger should contact the Bus Operator directly to modify a ticket. Some bus operators may be able to provide assistance, refunds or financial compensation.
- Modification or Termination. Busbud reserves the right to modify or terminate this Refund Policy, at any time, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice. If Busbud modifies this Refund Policy, we will post the modification on the Site or provide you with notice of the modification and Busbud will continue to process all claims for Technical issues made prior to the effective date of the modification.
- Entire Agreement and Definitions. This Refund Policy constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Busbud and you regarding the Refund Policy and supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Busbud and you regarding the Refund Policy. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Busbud Terms of Service.
- Controlling Law. This Refund Policy will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec and Canada, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL BUSBUD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS BUSBUD POLICY TERMS, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE TRANSPORT FEES COLLECTED BY BUSBUD FROM THE PASSENGER. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY POSTING A LISTING OR BOOKING AN TRANSPORT OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE, SERVICES AS A BUS OPERATOR OR PASSENGER, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE POLICY TERMS.