If you haven’t crossed a trip off your wishlist this year, it’s not too late. It could be just the right time to take advantage of lower travel fares, thinner crowds, and cheaper hotel rates.
Traveling in November does not mean that it will be grey, gloomy and cold. Many destinations across the globe offer a temperate climate with perfect temperature for visiting, and even swimming and relaxing on the beach!
Best places to visit in November
Our guide to the best places to visit in November will take you around the globe. We’ve featured hot and sunny destinations, foodie and cultural destinations, and adventure places, all hand-picked, just for you. The choice is yours from these places to visit in the Fall:
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
If you’re heading to Spain in November, you’re in luck! Summer crowds and prices are considerably lower, but it’s still hot enough to enjoy the warm rays of sunshine. From cultural festivals to the country’s new wine vintages, there are plenty of things to do in Spain in the Fall. Spain is warmer and drier in November as compared to the rest of the European countries, which makes it one of the best places to travel in November.
Temperature: 13-18 Celsius (55-64 Fahrenheit).
Ideal for: Travelers looking for a bit of everything: amazing food, still warm enough to relax in the sun and cultural and historical things to do.
Insider tip: Don’t forget about the famous Spanish siesta: almost everything in Spain closes for a siesta for about two hours at midday. If you will be traveling around the country, be sure to read our tips on taking the bus in Spain.
Best things to do in Spain in November:
- Hike in the Pyrenees mountains. Nature enthusiasts can immerse themselves in the breathtaking beauty of the Pyrenees mountains, where invigorating hikes reward with panoramic views of the picturesque countryside..
- Enjoy the nightlife in Madrid. Those seeking vibrant urban escapades will find Madrid to be a hub of excitement, where the nightlife comes alive with some of Spain’s finest bars and clubs.
- Go wine tasting in Rioja. For connoisseurs of wine, a visit to the renowned Rioja region promises delightful wine tastings, allowing them to savor the richness of the local vintages.
- Relax on the beach in the Canary Islands or go whale watching. As the whale season begins, the Canary Islands provide the perfect escape for beach lovers and wildlife enthusiasts alike, offering relaxation on sandy shores or thrilling whale-watching adventures.
- Go mushroom hunting in the Basque Country. The Basque Country beckons avid foragers with its enticing prospect of mushroom hunting, promising a delectable culinary adventure amidst its abundant wild mushroom offerings.
The second biggest country in the world is well worth a visit in November. You will be visiting in the shoulder season between Fall and Winter, which means much lower prices. Be aware that visiting both the East and West coasts of Canada takes at least 2 and a half weeks.
Temperature: The temperature depends on the region, but will be between -5 to 11 Celsius (37 to 51 Fahrenheit).
Ideal for: Great outdoors lovers looking to enjoy pristine wilderness before the winter craze of Canadian resorts.
Insider tip: Traveling across Canada tends to be quite expensive. Pick a coast (East or West) and explore it! Traveling by bus is very convenient and cheaper than renting a car or taking the train. Read up on taking the bus in Western Canada for useful tips and tricks.
What to do in Canada in November:
- Visit the Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights. If you’re visiting Niagara Falls, don’t miss the Winter Festival of Lights, happening from late November to early February. You’ll be amazed by over 5 million dazzling lights that make the falls and its surroundings shine brightly.
A November Mexico getaway is the perfect time to relax on the beach without the crowds.
Mexico is THE destination for you if you’re looking for a beach getaway in November. Weather-wise, you will enjoy a dry season, with warm sunshine and temperatures between 25 and 29 Celsius (77 to 84 Fahrenheit), which is ideal if you’re looking to escape the cold and gloominess November brings to some places, but without dealing with above 30 Celsius weather.
Mexico travel kicks off in December, so if you’re looking for less-crowded beaches, Mexico is the best place to visit in November.
Temperature: 25 to 29 Celsius (77 to 84 Fahrenheit).
Ideal for: Travelers looking for a warm and sunny place to relax and enjoy amazing food.
Insider tip: Mexico is well-connected by an extensive network of intercity buses. It is very easy and cheap to travel from place to place. Make the most out of your Mexican getaway and visit multiple places by bus. If you’re looking for more travel tips, we’ve put together a list of diverse destinations in Mexico, all accessible by bus.
Best things to do:
- Experience the Day of the Dead. One of the highlights is the Day of the Dead, celebrated throughout the country, especially in places like Oaxaca and Mexico City. During this time, vibrant altars and parades honor departed loved ones, creating a unique and touching atmosphere.
- Visit the Riviera Maya and Cancún for some beach time. For beach lovers, the warm waters of the Riviera Maya and Cancún remain inviting, allowing you to enjoy sun-soaked days and snorkeling in stunning coral reefs.
- Explore the ancient ruins: Chichen Itza, a UNESCO World Heritage site, boasts the iconic El Castillo pyramid, an architectural marvel that aligns with astronomical events. Immerse yourself in the history of the Maya civilization as you wander through its temples and ball courts.
- Dive into beautiful Cenotes: take advantage of the nice dry season to refresh on exciting activities like snorkeling in the crystal-clear cenotes.
Mexico also offers much more than silky white-sand beaches. From Mayan ruins to cultural hubs, the country is filled with magical little towns, all accessible by bus, at a very low cost. You can read about these mystical towns and much more in our Mexico travel guide.
If you’re a foodie or cultural buff, France is the perfect destination for you.
France is the country that receives the most tourists in the world, with about 89 million visitors per year. From Paris to Marseille, passing by Nice and Lyon, France’s tourist spots are very often crowded. However, since November is the middle of the shoulder season, France is one of the best places to travel in the Fall. The crowds from the high season of May to September are gone, while the temperature is still warm enough, especially in early November.
If you’re a foodie or cultural buff, you’ll be able to enjoy the most renowned museum in the world, the Louvres, with fewer tourists than in the summer. Visiting the city of light in November can be a great time to focus on indoor sights and attractions such as admiring collections in Paris’s many extraordinary museums, discovering the many galleries Paris has to offer, or sipping on your favorite Fall drinks while people-watching in a café.
Temperature: 5 to 10 Celsius (41 to 50 Fahrenheit), but much warmer in the South with thermostat reaching up to 18 Celsius (64 F).
Ideal for: Art and culture lovers looking to escape museum crowds that come with the high season.
Best things to do in France in November
- Taste great wines: The wine regions, like Bordeaux and Burgundy, come alive with harvest festivals, offering a chance to savor new vintages and participate in traditional grape picking.
- Enjoy crowd-free museums: The art and culture scene flourish all year round in France, with world-class museums such as the Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay waiting to be explored without the usual summer crowds.
- See the Fall foliage: As autumn leaves paint the landscapes in vibrant hues, regions like Provence and Alsace showcase their picturesque beauty, inviting leisurely strolls through charming villages and vineyard-dotted hills.
- Hunt and taste truffles: For gastronomes, November marks the beginning of truffle season, making it a delightful time to indulge in gourmet experiences, or even attempting to find them amidst the beautiful Fall weather.
- Visit Paris: If visiting Paris, we’ve put together a guide on things to do in Paris in the Fall.
5. United Kingdom
Visiting the UK in November means taking in beautiful London just before the rainy season.
Next on our list is France’s neighbor across the Channel, the United Kingdom. The beautiful Fall foliage of the UK is still in full swing in early November, so you will be able to admire the prettiest colors Autumn has to offer. November is the perfect time to take a trip to the English countryside and visit the many quaint little towns that litter the landscape.
You will be able to enjoy damp and cool weather, as the rainy season starts in December through February. London will also have fewer tourists, which will be the perfect time to take in the British capital and one of the best places to go in the Fall.
Temperature: 4 to 12 Celsius (39 to 50 Fahrenheit).
Ideal for: Travelers looking for beautiful Fall colors and calm and picturesque towns.
Best things to do in the UK in the Fall
- Guy Fawkes Night: Remember, November is synonymous with Guy Fawkes Night, celebrated with spectacular firework displays across the country.
- Christmas markets: As the festive season begins to take hold, the streets come alive with Christmas markets, particularly in cities like London, Edinburgh, and Manchester, where you can delight in festive treats and unique gifts.
- Explore Museums and Galleries: Take advantage of the quieter season to explore renowned museums like the British Museum, the National Gallery, and Tate Modern, allowing you to enjoy art and history at your own pace.
- See a show in the West End. London’s West End is home to some of the best theaters in the world, and there are always great shows to see in November. Some of the most popular West End shows include The Lion King, Wicked, and Hamilton.
Insider tip: If you’re planning a trip to London, we have just what you need: A guide on the best non-touristy things to do in London.
6. South Africa
South Africa’s warm climate is perfect in November for the beach or city sightseeing.
November is the perfect time to visit South Africa’s magical coastline. With hot and dry temperatures, you will be able to have the perfect beach holiday, although it tends to get pretty hot in the coastal province of KwaZulu-Natal, which hosts the city of Durban. However, further down the coast, cities such as Port Elizabeth and Cape Town should be on your bucket list, as they offer the perfect climate and are some of the best places to visit in November.
Between September and November, it is also the peak season for whale watching in Hermanus, in Western Cape, while accommodations tend to be cheaper, as peak tourist season starts at the end of November and December.
Temperature: 15 to 25 Celsius (59 to 77 F).
Ideal for: This destination is ideal for travelers looking for a relaxing beach vacation with an adventurous side.
Insider tip: South Africa boasts a network of safe, reliable and comfortable intercity buses. No need to worry about renting a car, insurance, and parking, simply take the bus to your next destination. Read our best travel tips on taking the bus in South Africa.
Best things to do in South Africa in November:
- Explore the Garden Route: As spring blooms across the country, it’s an ideal time to explore the iconic Garden Route, with its stunning coastal landscapes, indigenous forests, and charming towns.
- See the wild life: For wildlife enthusiasts, November marks the onset of the birthing season in many game reserves, providing a chance to witness adorable animal offspring and vibrant birdlife.
- Go wine-tasting: The Western Cape’s wine regions, including Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, offer picturesque settings for wine tasting against a backdrop of rolling vineyards and majestic mountains.
- Enjoy the beaches: as the temperature start to rise, Cape Town’s beaches begin to buzz with energy, making it perfect for surfers and sunbathers alike
Buenos Aires’ weather in November is ideal for sightseeing, while in the South, Patagonia finally blooms into Spring.
Argentina is one of the best places to go in November. Buenos Aires’ weather is perfect for sightseeing, the beautiful southern region of Patagonia finally blooms into spring, and the beach resorts open for business. Also, November is just one month shy of the high season, which starts in December, so you’ll still enjoy fewer crowds and cheaper rates.
November is the ideal month to head down South to Patagonia, before the December crowds. The weather in Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world, reaches daily highs in the 12 to 15 Celcius (mid-50s F) and is in full Spring. With sunlight shining for almost 15 hours a day, it is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors in the trekking capital of the world.
Temperature: Argentina is a large country with temperatures fluctuating according to the region. You can expect 12 to 15 Celsius in the South (mid-50s F), while Buenos Aires visitors will enjoy mid-20s Celsius (mid-70s F). If you keep going North to Salta, it’ll be even hotter, reaching almost 30 Celsius (mid-80s F).
Ideal for: Argentina is the ideal destination for travelers looking to enjoy trekking and hiking in the South before the crowds flock to this sought-after destination. It is also the perfect place to discover the beautiful megalopolis that is Buenos Aires.
Insider tip: Taking the bus in Argentina is the best way to get around. The rail system is not very well developed, while the bus connects the whole country, from small towns to big cities. We’ve created a travel guide on taking the bus in Argentina, so take a look if you’re planning to take the bus.
Best things to do in Argentina in November:
- Explore Buenos Aires: As the southern hemisphere welcomes spring, Buenos Aires comes alive with cultural events and outdoor festivals. Stroll through the vibrant neighborhoods, tango in the streets, and indulge in Argentina’s renowned cuisine at its finest.
- See the best of Patagonia: The stunning landscapes of Patagonia begin to thaw, offering a window to hike around the majestic Fitz Roy and explore the breathtaking glaciers of Los Glaciares National Park.
- Enjoy delicious wines: Wine enthusiasts can delight in the start of the wine season in Mendoza, immersing themselves in vineyard tours and wine tastings amidst the stunning Andean backdrop.
- Iguazu Falls: Visit the awe-inspiring Iguazu Falls, where the lush rainforest and massive cascades create a stunning natural spectacle. Explore the trails and viewpoints for a memorable experience.
- Go horseback Riding in the Pampas: Immerse yourself in Argentina’s cowboy culture by embarking on a horseback riding adventure in the picturesque Pampas region.
So there you have it, a curated list of the finest November getaways! Whether you’re drawn to serene beaches, captivating historic cities, or the wonders of the great outdoors, there’s a destination tailor-made for your preferences. November offers the golden opportunity to escape the bustling high season while reveling in the advantageous rates of the shoulder season.
Ready to embark on your next adventure? Book your tickets and explore the world with Busbud today!