Frequently asked questions for your trip Essen - Leipzig
Trains traveling between Essen and Leipzig leave from HBF or Essen Hauptbahnhof Freiheit and arrive at Hbf.
Once in Leipzig, you can exploring the city. The top sights and things to do are Museum of Fine Arts, Russian Memorial Church St Alexej, St. Thomas Church, Leipzig Zoo, Madler Passage.
About Train Travel
Train Travel Tips
Taking the fastest trains allows you to travel at speeds greater than 300 km/h. Taking a trip from Essen to Leipzig is not only much quicker but more comfortable too! You can usually travel directly to the city centre and save time while you're at it.
No matter if you plan to take a regional or high-speed train to Leipzig, the planet will thank you. You’ll help to protect the beautiful landscapes that will unfold before your very eyes.
With up to 30x less CO2 emissions for your train journey between Essen and Leipzig, the train is an ecological alternative to flights or personal cars.
Create your own real life musical score by curating a personalized train travel playlist - the perfect accompaniment to your bus ride from Essen to Leipzig.
Did you know?
One of the deepest train stations in the world is in Kiev. Located at a depth of 105 m, it was designed in this way to serve as a shelter in the event of an attack. The second deepest station is in China. Badaling station is located 60 m under the Great Wall of China!
The first high-speed train line was inaugurated in 1964, in Japan, to connect Tokyo with Osaka. It was during the Olympics that the first passengers traveled aboard the Shinkansen at a speed of 210 km / h.
The magnetic levitation train (Maglev for short) is currently the fastest train in the world. With a speed of 603 km/ h, it is closely followed by the French high-speed train (574.8 km / h) which remains in 2020, the fastest train to date
Why choose Busbud?
The Best Way To Book Bus and Train Tickets
Busbud makes bus travel easy. We help travelers find a bus, plot routes, and book intercity bus tickets all over the world. With several language and currency options available, Busbud seeks to cater to international bus travelers no matter where they are in the world. Busbud prides itself on its worldwide partnerships. We make it possible for you to buy tickets with its large network of trustworthy bus partners like Greyhound, Eurolines, ALSA, OUIBUS (BlaBlaBus), National Express and many others.
Popular train trips
- Train from Munich to Berlin
- Train from Munich to Vienna
- Train from Munich to Prague
- Train from Berlin to Hamburg
- Train from Munich to Paris
- Train from Essen to Amsterdam
- Train from Essen to Berlin
- Train from Essen to Düsseldorf
- Train from Essen to Paris
- Train from Essen to Brussels
- Train from Berlin to Leipzig
- Train from Prague to Leipzig
- Train from Munich to Leipzig
- Train from Dresden to Leipzig
- Train from Hamburg to Leipzig
- Train from Glasgow to London
- Train from Paris to Brussels
- Train from London to Glasgow
- Train from London to Brighton
- Train from Lyon to Paris
- Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh
- Train from Paris to Toulouse
- Train from Paris to Nice
- Train from Bordeaux to Paris
- Train from Milan to Florence
- Train from Edinburgh to London
- Train from Marseille to Paris
- Train from Naples to Sorrento
- Train from Venice to Florence
- Train from Toulouse to Paris