Celebrating 5 years of better bus travel!
This November, Busbud turned five years old. This was an important moment for our team, and a good time to look back at the road travelled so far.
At the beginning, we were only three co-founders and a handful of people in the same room of an apartment, excited by this formidable new project, but unsure what the future would hold. Five years later, Busbud is a market leader in online bus travel, helping millions of travellers every month in 60+ countries find and book the right bus ticket for their trip. And we feel we’ve only just started scratching the surface.
What we are thankful for:
- Our users: First, I’d like to say thank you for trusting Busbud with your bus travel bookings. Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming! Your continuous support helps us improve and serve you better, one bus trip at a time. We would not be here without you!
- Our team: It’s a pleasure to be surrounded every day with such a talented and diverse group of folks from around the world. You help make our mission a reality. Thanks for your energy and passion, for living our values, and for choosing to be a part of Busbud’s amazing adventure. Major thanks to our families, partners and significant others for putting up with it all!
- Our bus partners: Thank you for believing in our vision and giving us a chance to earn your business. We look forward to many more years of productive collaboration. Together, we are making bus travel easier for millions of more people around the world.
- Our investors: Thanks for believing and backing a very energetic team, despite our lack of direct experience in the bus industry! You made it possible for us to get rolling- and for that we are grateful. We appreciate the advice and guidance, as well as the challenges you have laid before us for the next few years.
- Partners and community: Thank you to all of our business and service partners around the world, who have played roles in our success. Thanks for the Montreal startup ecosystem for its unwavering support over the years.
Why we are excited for the next 5 years:
- Building the best product in our category: We are driven by continually improving our product for our users to make it the best intercity bus booking service on the planet. We are especially excited about unlocking many new possibilities for our mobile users.
- Creating a more accessible world for travellers: Our mission is the same as it was on day one: we want to give travelers clear and accurate bus travel information, like schedules, prices, reviews, service classes, amenities, stop addresses, bus pictures and more, all on one convenient platform. We want to put all the world’s bus routes at your fingertips!
- Elevating bus in the travel industry: We are excited that many large travel industry players are increasingly discovering the incredible potential of the very large and fast-growing worldwide intercity bus market. We are excited to see innovative new multi-modal user experiences appear in the market that will put a spotlight on the bus as a great budget-friendly and eco-friendly alternative. We are committed to helping travellers discover and take the bus more (especially to replace the solo car).
- Being an amazing place to work: We are dedicated to building a top-tier work environment, full of world-class colleagues, challenges and camaraderie. (Want to be a part of it and contribute? We’re hiring). We will continue to work hard to accomplish our mission and to build the type of organization that you will be proud to say you work at.
Here’s to many more years of bringing bus travel to the next level.
CEO & Co-founder