Cheap buses leaving today
One passenger / one way
- Journey Overview
- Trip reviews
- Compare bus companies
- City Guide
- Information on this bus route
- Where are the popular bus stations and stops in El Calafate and El Chaltén?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Best time to book your trip
- About Bus Travel
- What's the cheapest way to go from El Calafate to El Chaltén?
- Will you be returning to El Chaltén by bus?
- Top travelled bus routes
- Why choose Busbud?
- Popular Buses Connecting El Calafate
- Popular Buses Connecting El Chaltén
- Popular Routes In This Country
Bus El Calafate to El Chaltén: Trip Overview
See what travelers are saying about the trip from El Calafate to El Chaltén
4.3 out of 5 stars
User reviews from travelers who booked a bus ticket from El Calafate to El Chaltén
Ratings and Reviews (659)
Claveau T.November 28, 2023
Kris V.November 26, 2023
Han K.November 20, 2023
Lauren C.November 19, 2023
Rajesh R.November 3, 2023
Compare bus companies
According to multiple positive reviews, the bus service is fantastic and provides comfortable seats. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, even allowing passengers with early flights to board earlier buses. However, some negative feedback mentions issues such as not honoring seat selections and a lack of heating on the lower level of the bus. Overall, customers appreciate the great experience provided by this company.
Chalten Travel El Calafate El Chaltén recent customer reviews
All of the busses are so late. Our bus to calafate was so late we couldn’t even make our bus to Chalten and we wasted $70 on bus tickets we didn’t get to use and now our plans are delayed and pushed back and we wasted money on a hotel on chalten because we didn’t even make it there to check in to our hotel. It’s impossible to get anywhere on time with the bus system in these countries. When we finally made it to calafate the workers at the chalten bus station wouldn’t even talk to us because they were “closed”. We had to find a hotel for one night in calafate at 10pm because of how late the busses were
Has the most frequent services. It was good to be able to switch to a different time as needed. The seat was spacious and comfy. The ride was smooth although they departed late and arrived late.
Wonderful bus with spacious seats, only downside was it wasn’t well heated at the time we rode but fortunately I had been wearing a lot of winter gear (we had gone to Patagonia in august)
Marga is a great option if you're looking for a convenient and comfortable way to travel in Argentina. With about 125 daily departures, the company connects important cities in the country. Their fleet of buses is equipped to provide travelers with a comfortable ride to important destinations. Experienced drivers will ensure safe travels, so you can just sit back and relax. Next time you're planning a trip, consider skipping the hassle of driving and letting Marga take you where you need to go.
Marga El Calafate El Chaltén recent customer reviews
The window at seat 29 of the bus was cracked and not properly maintained. As a result it rained inside and my clothes and seat got wet! What a disgrace for this price.. also I‘m sure this seat will get moldy due to the humidity.
My ticket said that food is included in the price but I didn't get any food
The bus were cancelled and I didn’t receive any email to say it.
According to customer reviews, the service provided by this bus company has received mixed feedback. Some customers have had very good experiences with their trips, while others have expressed dissatisfaction. Common issues mentioned include delays in arrival and departure times, as well as problems with reserved seats not being honored. Additionally, some customers were disappointed by the lack of assistance in unloading bags upon arrival and inadequate communication regarding pick-up locations.
Cal Tur El Calafate El Chaltén recent customer reviews
We specifically reserved seats 1 and 2 when we booked but the bus driver decided to allow 2 other passengers to occupy our reserved seats. He said all seats are free. Very disappointing. Also no one to unload bags on arrival. The baggage compartment was too high.
I was disappointed to arrive late as we had a 18 hrs bus on return so had to rush to catch the bus back which spoilt our day as we could not walk so far, it was 45 mins late on arrival!
I booked a seat and the staff said there is no seat allocation. Could not sit where I wanted
El Calafate to El Chaltén Buses
Busbud helps you find a bus from El Calafate to El Chaltén. Get the best fare and schedule, book a round trip ticket or find buses with WiFi and electrical outlets.
We make it our job to connect you with the most dependable bus companies that cover bus service from El Calafate to El Chaltén.
Discover how much the bus trip from El Calafate to El Chaltén will cost you. Use our filters and sorting features to find the cheapest bus tickets or luxury buses.
Information on this bus route
|Earliest and Latest Bus Departures||8:00AM - 9:20PM|
|Average Ticket Price||$31|
|Minimum Trip Duration||2h20m|
|Average Bus Trip Duration||2h40m|
|Distance||76 miles (121 km)|
|Bus Companies on This Route||Chaltén Travel, Marga, Cal Tur|
Where are the popular bus stations and stops in El Calafate and El Chaltén?
Frequently asked questions for your trip El Calafate - El Chaltén
Taking the bus is the best way to travel to El Chaltén without a car. The bus trip is an affordable, safe and convenient way to travel between the two cities. Taking a ride with other travelers through carpool services is an additional option to consider.
The average travel time from El Calafate to El Chaltén is about 2h 40m, but you can get there in as little as 2h 20m with the quickest bus. This is the time it takes to travel the 75 miles (121 km) that separate the two cities.
El Calafate and El Chaltén are 75 miles (121 km) apart.
About 23 buses travel this route daily, provided by Chaltén Travel, Marga and Cal Tur. The number of buses from El Calafate to El Chaltén can differ depending on the day of the week. Want to make your bus journey from El Calafate to El Chaltén as smooth as possible? Busbud has got you covered! Browse schedules, pick the perfect bus for your travel style and budget - all in one place.
The bus service operates from 8:00 AM for the initial departure and runs until 9:20 PM for the final departure.
Most of the buses traveling from El Calafate to El Chaltén leave from Terminal de Ómnibus de El Calafate and arrive at Terminal de Omnibus El Chalten. These are the most popular departure and arrival locations on this route, but you could find others that could be a better fit for your travel plans.
The cheapest way to travel this route is by bus. The lowest tickets for this trip cost as little as $18.
The bus ticket costs $31 on average. In the last 30 days, the prices ranged from $18 to $35, so it's good to do your research before booking.
Yes, a day trip from El Calafate to El Chaltén is definitely doable. The total travel time for the round-trip is about 4h 40m. So you'll have plenty of time to discover El Chaltén before making your way back to El Calafate.
Find cheapest prices for buses
Price is for a one-way ticket for one passenger and based on past searches.
To save money and be sure you have the best seat, it's a good idea to buy your bus tickets from El Calafate to El Chaltén, as early as possible.
You can expect to pay from $31 to $40 for a bus ticket from El Calafate to El Chaltén based on the last 2 days. You can expect to find the cheapest price for the trip at $31 which is on 2023-12-04.
About Bus Travel
Bus Travel Tips
Make friends with the driver. They usually know a lot about your destination and may even recommend which side of the bus to sit on to get the best views on the road between El Calafate and El Chaltén!
From miles long of beauteous natural landscapes to impressive man-crafted sights, you're bound to be in for a visual treat on your bus trip from El Calafate to El Chaltén.
Buses have one of the smallest carbon footprints of motorized transport modes. A bus going from El Calafate to El Chaltén will emit less CO2 than a car or an airplane.
Create your own real life musical score by curating a personalized bus travel playlist - the perfect accompaniment to your bus ride from El Calafate to El Chaltén.
Did you know?
It takes 27 hours to go by bus from Lima to Cusco, one of the craziest bus trips on the world. This route is used daily by locals and backpackers.
Did you know some bus companies in Germany offer to their passenger low-costs snacks and regional beer based on their destination? Prosit!
Did you know that 80% of the buses in North America are equipped with WiFi and power outlets ? And 60% of bus travelers have used their electronic device on board during 2014.
Why choose Busbud?
The Best Way To Book Bus and Train Tickets
Busbud.com makes it easy for you to find, compare and book city-to-city bus tickets, all over the world. We save you the extra trip to the bus station. With several language and currency options available, Busbud seeks to cater to international bus travellers no matter where they are in the world. Busbud partners with safe and reliable bus companies throughout the world such as Greyhound, Eurolines, ALSA, OUIBUS (BlaBlaBus), National Express and many others so you can buy tickets without a worry.
Popular Buses Connecting El Calafate
Buses Leaving from El Calafate
- Bus from El Calafate to Río Gallegos
- Bus El Calafate - Los Antiguos
- El Calafate - Torres del Paine
- Bus from El Calafate to Punta Arenas
- Bus El Calafate - Buenos Aires
- El Calafate - Puerto Madryn
- Bus from El Calafate to Trelew
- Bus El Calafate - El Bolsón
- El Calafate - Esquel
- Bus from El Calafate to La Leóna
- Bus El Calafate - Tecka
- El Calafate - Comodoro Rivadavia
- Bus from El Calafate to Esperanza
- Bus El Calafate - Puerto San Julián
- El Calafate - Rio Grande
Buses Going to El Calafate
- Bus from Puerto Natales to El Calafate
- Bus Río Gallegos - El Calafate
- Perito Moreno - El Calafate
- Bus from Esquel to El Calafate
- Bus Los Antiguos - El Calafate
- Punta Arenas - El Calafate
- Bus from Buenos Aires to El Calafate
- Bus Puerto Madryn - El Calafate
- El Bolsón - El Calafate
- Bus from Trelew to El Calafate
- Bus Comodoro Rivadavia - El Calafate
- Cancha Carrera - El Calafate
- Bus from Rio Grande to El Calafate
- Bus La Leóna - El Calafate
- Puerto San Julián - El Calafate
Popular Buses Connecting El Chaltén
Buses Leaving from El Chaltén
- Bus from El Chaltén to Los Antiguos
- Bus El Chaltén - Perito Moreno
- El Chaltén - Esquel
- Bus from El Chaltén to El Bolsón
- Bus El Chaltén - Puerto Natales
- El Chaltén - Punta Arenas
- Bus from El Chaltén to Ushuaia
- Bus El Chaltén - Río Gallegos
- El Chaltén - La Leóna
- Bus from El Chaltén to Bajo Caracoles
- Bus El Chaltén - Fitz Roy
- El Chaltén - Caleta Olivia
- Bus from El Chaltén to Puerto San Julián
- Bus El Chaltén - El Hoyo
- El Chaltén - Las Horquetas
Buses Going to El Chaltén
- Bus from Los Antiguos to El Chaltén
- Bus Esquel - El Chaltén
- El Bolsón - El Chaltén
- Bus from Puerto Natales to El Chaltén
- Bus Ushuaia - El Chaltén
- Punta Arenas - El Chaltén
- Bus from Río Gallegos to El Chaltén
- Bus Fitz Roy - El Chaltén
- Bajo Caracoles - El Chaltén
- Bus from Tecka to El Chaltén
- Bus El Hoyo - El Chaltén
- Puerto San Julián - El Chaltén
- Bus from Caleta Olivia to El Chaltén
- Bus Rio Grande - El Chaltén
- Río Turbio - El Chaltén
Popular routes in this country
- Bus from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazú
- Bus Ushuaia - El Calafate
- San Carlos de Bariloche - Mendoza
- Bus from El Calafate to Perito Moreno
- Bus El Calafate - San Carlos de Bariloche
- Puerto Iguazú - Buenos Aires
- Bus from Mendoza to Salta
- Bus El Calafate - Ushuaia
- San Carlos de Bariloche - El Calafate
- Bus from Buenos Aires to Rosario
- Bus Buenos Aires - San Carlos de Bariloche
- San Carlos de Bariloche - El Bolsón
- Bus from Mendoza to San Carlos de Bariloche
- Bus San Carlos de Bariloche - El Chaltén
- Buenos Aires - Salta