Cheap buses leaving today
One passenger / one way
- Journey Overview
- Trip reviews
- Compare bus companies
- City Guide
- Information on this bus route
- Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Best time to book your trip
- About Bus Travel
- What's the cheapest way to go from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh?
- Related blog posts
- Will you be returning to Phnom Penh by bus?
- Top travelled bus routes
- Why choose Busbud?
- Popular Buses Connecting Sihanoukville
- Popular Buses Connecting Phnom Penh
- Popular Routes In This Country
Bus Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh: Trip Overview
See what travelers are saying about the trip from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh
2.5 out of 5 stars
User reviews from travelers who booked a bus ticket from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh
Ratings and Reviews (21)
Ryan S.February 4, 2022
Anna D.February 21, 2020
Fraser F.January 14, 2020
Nir G.December 7, 2019
Michael B.August 9, 2019
Compare bus companies
Virak Buntham offers reliable, affordable transportation between cities in Cambodia. To provide convenient travel times to its customers, they have an average of 51 departures per day, with options for direct or connecting trips. With comfortable buses and prices ranging from $14.00 to $16.00, Virak Buntham is a convenient and affordable way to travel. Their frequently updated schedules make it easy to plan your next road trip or weekend getaway. So sit back, relax, and let Virak Buntham take care of the driving.
Virak Buntham Sihanoukville Phnom Penh recent customer reviews
Very safe driver who did his best to combat the mad drivers and atrocious roads
Good and comftable bus but the times was bad
If you're looking for reliable, comfortable transportation in Cambodia, Chan Moly Roth Transportation is a good option. The company offers a variety of routes, making it easy and affordable to get around. On any given day, 2 buses leave from various locations, ensuring convenient departure times. With prices ranging from $16.00 to $18.00, the buses are well-maintained and comfortable. Whether you need transportation for business or pleasure, Chan Moly Roth Transportation gets you where you want to go for a fair price.
Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Buses
Busbud shows you the best bus ticket fares and bus schedules so you can easily plan and book a trip by bus from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh.
Bus service from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh will be provided by the most trusted bus companies.
From cheap bus tickets to more luxurious buses traveling from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh, we offer a wide range of bus services to best suit your needs depending on how much your budget is.
Information on this bus route
|Earliest and Latest Bus Departures||6:30PM - 9:30PM|
|Average Ticket Price||$16|
|Minimum Trip Duration||4h30m|
|Average Bus Trip Duration||5h|
|Distance||115 miles (185 km)|
|Bus Companies on This Route||Virak Buntham, Chan Moly Roth Transportation|
Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh?
Frequently asked questions for your trip Sihanoukville - Phnom Penh
The best way to travel from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh is by bus. Traveling by bus offers a budget-friendly, secure, and easy way to go between the two cities. You also have the option of using carpooling services.
The average travel time from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh is about 5h, although the minimum time it takes to get there is 4h 30m with the fastest bus. This is the time it takes to travel the 113 miles (181 km) that separate the two cities.
The distance between the two cities is 113 miles (181 km).
On average, there are 4 daily departures on this route, offered by Virak Buntham and Chan Moly Roth Transportation. The number of buses running from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh may change based on the day of the week. Simplify your trip from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh by checking the schedules and selecting the bus that fits your travel style and budget on Busbud.
The first bus leaves at 6:30 PM and the last one leaves at 9:30 PM.
If you're headed to Phnom Penh from Sihanoukville, chances are that your bus will depart from Sihanoukville and arrive at Phnom Penh Japan Hospital. These are the main pick-up and drop-off locations on this route, but you can find others that could fit better into your travel plans.
Go for the bus if you want the most economical way to travel this route. $14 is the starting point for the cost-effective bus ride to Phnom Penh from Sihanoukville.
The average bus ticket price from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh is $16. Over the last 30 days, the prices ranged between $14 and $18, so make sure to compare them to get the best option.
Once in Phnom Penh, you can start exploring the city and discover its surroundings. The top sights and things to do are River Cruise, Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, Wat Ounalom, The Killing Fields & Choeung Ek Memorial and Phnom Chisor Temple.
Find cheapest prices for buses
Price is for a one-way ticket for one passenger and based on past searches.
To save money and be sure you have the best seat, it's a good idea to buy your bus tickets from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh, as early as possible.
You can expect to pay from $12 to $16 for a bus ticket from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh based on the last 2 days. You can expect to find the cheapest price for the trip at $12 which is on 2023-12-02.
Usually Virak Buntham Express will charge you higher prices for tickets closer to the departure date. To find the best prices, you should be flexible on your date of travel.
About Bus Travel
Bus Travel Tips
If you're abroad, study some local language. Not only could it get you out of a pickle during your bus trip from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh but it'll also be endearing to native speakers who will surely appreciate your effort.
Much more than a mere vehicle taking you from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh, riding the bus will expose you to some of the most stunning panoramas while enroute to your final bus stop.
Taking the bus creates the smallest carbon footprint compared to other modes of transport. Not to mention that buses will allow you to discover scenic gems from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh that are otherwise impossible to come by with a plane.
Create your own real life musical score by curating a personalized bus travel playlist - the perfect accompaniment to your bus ride from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh.
Did you know?
9.2% of ground transportation in Europe is done by bus versus 7.4% by train.
The word 'bus' is an abbreviation of 'omnibus" which means 'for all' in Latin as buses were meant to be transportation for everybody.
One of the longest bus route in the world goes all the way from Ontario to Alberta in Canada (with the same bus). This trip is 3,435 km or 2,135 miles long and the price is a bit under $100.
Why choose Busbud?
The Best Way To Book Bus and Train Tickets
Busbud.com makes it easy for you to find, compare and book city-to-city bus tickets, all over the world. We save you the extra trip to the bus station. With several language and currency options available, Busbud seeks to cater to international bus travellers no matter where they are in the world. Busbud partners with safe and reliable bus companies throughout the world such as Greyhound, Eurolines, ALSA, OUIBUS (BlaBlaBus), National Express and many others so you can buy tickets without a worry.
Popular Buses Connecting Sihanoukville
Buses Leaving from Sihanoukville
- Bus from Sihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh City
- Bus Sihanoukville - Bangkok
- Sihanoukville - Trat
- Bus from Sihanoukville to Pattaya
- Bus Sihanoukville - Koh Kong
- Sihanoukville - Kep
- Bus from Sihanoukville to Khum Andoung Tuek
- Bus Sihanoukville - Krong Khemara Phoumin
- Sihanoukville - Bokor
- Bus from Sihanoukville to Kampong Thom
- Bus Sihanoukville - Koh Rong Samloem
- Sihanoukville - Krong Poi Pet
- Bus from Sihanoukville to Krong Bavet
- Bus Sihanoukville - Krong Kampong Chhnang
- Sihanoukville - Koh Rong
Buses Going to Sihanoukville
- Bus from Kampot to Sihanoukville
- Bus Bangkok - Sihanoukville
- Ha Tien - Sihanoukville
- Bus from Trat to Sihanoukville
- Bus Kep - Sihanoukville
- Koh Kong - Sihanoukville
- Bus from Cambodia to Sihanoukville
- Bus Krong Khemara Phoumin - Sihanoukville
- Kampong Thom - Sihanoukville
- Bus from Trapeang Rung to Sihanoukville
- Bus Bokor - Sihanoukville
- Krong Kampong Chhnang - Sihanoukville
- Bus from Koh Rong to Sihanoukville
- Bus BanLung - Sihanoukville
Popular Buses Connecting Phnom Penh
Buses Leaving from Phnom Penh
- Bus from Phnom Penh to Bangkok
- Bus Phnom Penh - Vientiane
- Phnom Penh - Kep
- Bus from Phnom Penh to Pakse
- Bus Phnom Penh - Koh Rong
- Phnom Penh - Koh Kong
- Bus from Phnom Penh to Cambodia
- Bus Phnom Penh - Krong Khemara Phoumin
- Phnom Penh - Krong Suong
- Bus from Phnom Penh to Krong Kampong Chhnang
- Bus Phnom Penh - Koh Rong Samloem
- Phnom Penh - Memot
- Bus from Phnom Penh to Ratanakiri
- Bus Phnom Penh - Skun
- Phnom Penh - Krong Saen Monourom
Buses Going to Phnom Penh
- Bus from Kampot to Phnom Penh
- Bus Pattaya - Phnom Penh
- Vientiane - Phnom Penh
- Bus from Kep to Phnom Penh
- Bus Can Tho - Phnom Penh
- Ha Tien - Phnom Penh
- Bus from Koh Rong to Phnom Penh
- Bus Krong Battambang - Phnom Penh
- Sra'aem - Phnom Penh
- Bus from Kampong Thom to Phnom Penh
- Bus Krong Svay Rieng - Phnom Penh
- Snuol - Phnom Penh
- Bus from Bokor to Phnom Penh
- Bus Cambodia - Phnom Penh
- Skun - Phnom Penh
Popular routes in this country
- Bus from Krong Bavet to Phnom Penh
- Bus Krong Poi Pet - Siem Reap
- Krong Battambang - Sihanoukville
- Bus from Phnom Penh to Krong Kracheh
- Bus Siem Reap - Anlong Veng
- Siem Reap - Krong Battambang
- Bus from Kampot to Koh Rong Samloem
- Bus Takeo - Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh - Krong Kampong Cham
- Bus from Phnom Penh to Takeo
- Bus Sihanoukville - Kampot
- Krong Battambang - Siem Reap
- Bus from Siem Reap to Krong Kracheh
- Bus Sihanoukville - Krong Battambang
- Krong Kampong Cham - Siem Reap