Cheap buses leaving today
One passenger / one way
- Journey overview
- Compare bus companies
- City Guide
- Information on this bus route
- Popular bus stations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Best time to book your trip
- About Bus Travel
- What's the cheapest way to go from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro?
- Will you be returning to Rio de Janeiro by bus?
- Why choose Busbud?
- Popular Buses Connecting Salvador
- Popular Buses Connecting Rio de Janeiro
- Popular Routes In This country
Bus Salvador to Rio de Janeiro: Trip Overview
Compare bus companies
If you're looking for reliable, comfortable transportation in Brazil, Águia Branca is a good option. The company offers a variety of routes, making it easy and affordable to get around. On any given day, 730 buses leave from various locations, ensuring convenient departure times. With prices ranging from $102.00 to $260.00, the buses are well-maintained and comfortable. Whether you need transportation for business or pleasure, Águia Branca gets you where you want to go for a fair price.
Águia Branca Salvador Rio de Janeiro recent customer reviews
The bus was really uncomfortable.
The internet was nonexistent. Also a child was allowed to ride free which created a cramped and confusing environment. The bus was supposed to arrive at 2:30 it arrived at 4:30.
Kaissara is a great option if you're looking for a convenient and comfortable way to travel in Brazil. With about 288 daily departures, the company connects important cities in the country. Their fleet of buses is equipped to provide travellers with a comfortable ride to important destinations. Experienced drivers will ensure safe travels, so you can just sit back and relax. Next time you're planning a trip, consider skipping the hassle of driving, and letting Kaissara take you where you need to go.
Kaissara Salvador Rio de Janeiro recent customer reviews
I was at the back of the bus as I bought the last seat. The toilet door seat was loose, and so kept hitting my chair and back against the door frame for most of the journey, until we tied a jumper to the handle and a mounted handle. There is also no wifi which I don't usually moan about, but for a 30 hour journey is a little inconvenient.
Salvador to Rio de Janeiro Buses
Busbud shows you the best bus ticket fares and bus schedules so you can easily plan and book a trip by bus from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro.
We make it our job to connect you with the most dependable bus companies that cover bus service from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro.
From cheap bus tickets to more luxurious buses traveling from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro, we offer a wide range of bus services to best suit your needs depending on how much your budget is.
Information on this bus route
|Earliest and Latest Bus Departures||7:00AM - 1:45PM|
|Average Ticket Price||$138|
|Minimum Trip Duration||1d7h|
|Average Bus Trip Duration||1d8h|
|Bus companies on this route||Águia Branca, Kaissara|
Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Salvador and Rio de Janeiro?
Frequently asked questions on the trip Salvador - Rio de Janeiro
The average bus ticket price from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro is $138. The best way to find cheap bus tickets from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro is to book your tickets as early as possible. Prices tend to rise as your travel date approaches, so book in advance to secure the best prices!
The average travel time between Salvador and Rio de Janeiro is around 1d 8h, although the fastest bus will take about 1d 7h.This is the time it takes to travel the 1212 km that separates the two cities.
The number of buses from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro can differ depending on the day of the week. On average, there are 2 on this route. Some buses run direct routes, while others have layovers. Simplify your bus trip from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro by comparing and selecting the bus that fits you travel style and budget on Busbud.
When taking the bus from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro, you can travel comfortably and safely with Águia Branca, Kaissara.
Find cheapest prices for buses
Price is for a one-way ticket for one passenger and based on past searches.
To save money and be sure you have the best seat, it's a good idea to buy your bus tickets from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro, as early as possible.
You can expect to pay from CA$116 to CA$217 for a bus ticket from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro based on the last 2 days. You can expect to find the cheapest price for the trip at CA$116 which is on 2023-12-13.
Usually AGUIA BRANCA will charge you higher prices for tickets closer to the departure date. To find the best prices, you should be flexible on your date of travel.
About Bus Travel
Bus Travel Tips
If you're abroad, study some local language. Not only could it get you out of a pickle during your bus trip from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro but it'll also be endearing to native speakers who will surely appreciate your effort.
From miles long of beauteous natural landscapes to impressive man-crafted sights, you’re bound to be in for a visual treat on your bus trip from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro.
Taking the bus creates the smallest carbon footprint compared to other modes of transport. Not to mention that buses will allow you to discover scenic gems from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro that are otherwise impossible to come by with a plane.
Create your own real life musical score by curating a personalized bus travel playlist - the perfect accompaniment to your bus ride from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro.
Did you know?
Did you know some bus companies in Germany offer to their passenger low-costs snacks and regional beer based on their destination? Prosit!
The bus driver with the longest career in the world drove more than 2,000,000 miles and is a happy World Record holder.
One of the longest bus route in the world goes all the way from Ontario to Alberta in Canada (with the same bus). This trip is 3,435 km or 2,135 miles long and the price is a bit under $100.
Why choose Busbud?
The Best Way To Book Bus and Train Tickets
Busbud makes bus travel easy. We help travelers find a bus, plot routes, and book intercity bus tickets all over the world. Use Busbud to book your trip online, in your own language and currency, wherever you are. With Busbud, you can buy tickets with confidence. We ensure that you make the most out of your bus trip by partnering up with reliable bus companies from all around the world such as Greyhound, Eurolines, ALSA, OUIBUS (BlaBlaBus), National Express and many others.
Popular Buses Connecting Salvador
Buses Leaving from Salvador
- Bus from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Salvador - Brasília
- Salvador - Belo Horizonte
- Bus from Salvador to São Paulo
- Bus Salvador - Aracaju
- Salvador - Natal
- Bus from Salvador to Fortaleza
- Bus Salvador - Porto Seguro
- Salvador - Feira de Santana
- Bus from Salvador to Vitoria
- Bus Salvador - Luis Eduardo Magalhaes
- Salvador - Manhumirim
- Bus from Salvador to Belém
Buses Going to Salvador
- Bus from Lençóis to Salvador
- Bus Recife - Salvador
- São Paulo - Salvador
- Bus from Porto Seguro to Salvador
- Bus Aracaju - Salvador
- Maceió - Salvador
- Bus from Natal to Salvador
- Bus Fortaleza - Salvador
- Palmeiras - Salvador
- Bus from Vitória da Conquista to Salvador
- Bus Camamu - Salvador
- Campos do Goytacazes - Salvador
- Bus from Belém to Salvador
- Bus Juiz de Fora - Salvador
Popular Buses Connecting Rio de Janeiro
Buses Leaving from Rio de Janeiro
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires
- Bus Rio de Janeiro - Curitiba
- Rio de Janeiro - Brasília
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Cachoeiro de Itapemirim
- Bus Rio de Janeiro - Porto Seguro
- Rio de Janeiro - Ouro Preto
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Cabo Frio
- Bus Rio de Janeiro - Mangaratiba
- Rio de Janeiro - Florianópolis
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Foz do Iguaçu
- Bus Rio de Janeiro - Fortaleza
- Rio de Janeiro - Guarulhos
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Campo Grande
- Bus Rio de Janeiro - Recife
Buses Going to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Santiago - Rio de Janeiro
- Florianópolis - Rio de Janeiro
- Bus from Salvador to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Brasília - Rio de Janeiro
- Curitiba - Rio de Janeiro
- Bus from São José do Rio Preto to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Arraial do Cabo - Rio de Janeiro
- Cabo Frio - Rio de Janeiro
- Bus from Mangaratiba to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Campo Grande - Rio de Janeiro
- Guarulhos - Rio de Janeiro
- Bus from Porto Alegre to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Armação dos Búzios - Rio de Janeiro
- Santos - Rio de Janeiro
Popular routes in this country
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Paraty
- Bus Paraty - São Paulo
- São Paulo - Paraty
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Arraial do Cabo
- Bus Foz do Iguaçu - São Paulo
- Salvador - Lençóis
- Bus from Rio de Janeiro to Belo Horizonte
- Bus Florianópolis - São Paulo
- Foz do Iguaçu - Florianópolis
- Bus from Foz do Iguaçu to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus São José do Rio Preto - Foz do Iguaçu
- Angra dos Reis - Rio de Janeiro
- Bus from Belo Horizonte to Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Rio de Janeiro - Armação dos Búzios
- Salvador - Recife