- Journey Overview
- Best time to book your trip
- Trip reviews
- Compare bus companies
- City Guide
- Information on this bus route
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Valparaiso and Santiago?
- About Bus Travel
- What's the cheapest way to go from Valparaiso to Santiago?
- Related blog posts
- Will you be returning to Santiago by bus?
- Top travelled bus routes
- Why choose Busbud?
- Popular Buses Connecting Valparaiso
- Popular Buses Connecting Santiago
- Popular Routes In This Country
Bus Valparaiso to Santiago: Trip Overview
See what travelers are saying about the trip from Valparaiso to Santiago
4.5 out of 5 stars
User reviews from travelers who booked a bus ticket from Valparaiso to Santiago
Ratings and Reviews (57)
David R.March 7, 2020
Alexa F.January 25, 2020
Alexandra C.January 6, 2020
Melissa M.October 28, 2019
Anthony P.October 8, 2019
Valparaiso to Santiago Buses
Busbud shows you the best bus ticket fares and bus schedules so you can easily plan and book a trip by bus from Valparaiso to Santiago.
We make sure you can find a bus service from Valparaiso to Santiago from the most reliable bus companies operating this trip.
Whether it is cheap bus tickets or more luxurious buses going to Santiago from Valparaiso, we help you find what you're looking for based on how much of a budget you have.
Frequently asked questions for your trip Valparaiso - Santiago
The bus is the best choice to get to Santiago without a car. Traveling by bus offers a budget-friendly, secure, and easy way to go between the two cities. Taking a ride with other travelers through carpool services is an additional option to consider.
On average, the trip from Valparaiso to Santiago takes around 2h, although the minimum time it takes to get there is 1h 35m with the fastest bus. This is the time it takes to travel the 67 miles (107 km) that separate the two cities.
The distance separating Valparaiso and Santiago is 67 miles (107 km).
Most of the buses traveling from Valparaiso to Santiago leave from Terminal Rodoviário Valparaiso and arrive at Santiago. These are the main pick-up and drop-off locations on this route, there are other pick-up and drop-off locations that could make it easier for you to reach your destination.
Go for the bus if you want the most cost-effective way to travel this route. $8 is the starting point for the cost-effective bus ride to Santiago from Valparaiso.
You can expect to pay around $8 for a bus ticket. Over the last 30 days, the prices ranged between $8 and $13, so make sure to compare them to get the best option.
Yes, it's possible to take a day trip from Valparaiso to Santiago! The total time it takes to make a round-trip between Valparaiso and Santiago is about 3h 10m. So you'll have plenty of time to discover Santiago before making your way back to Valparaiso.
Once in Santiago, you can start exploring the city and discover its surroundings. The top sights and things to do are Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Cerro San Cristóbal, Parque O'Higgins, Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino and Parque Forestal.
Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Valparaiso and Santiago?
Santiago - Av Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins 3850, Santiago, Estación Central, Región Metropolitana, Chile
About Bus Travel
Bus Travel Tips
If you're abroad, study some local language. Not only could it get you out of a pickle during your bus trip from Valparaiso to Santiago but it'll also be endearing to native speakers who will surely appreciate your effort.
Start sightseeing the minute your bus leaves the station. If you're on the night bus from Valparaiso to Santiago, get comfy and count the stars.
Buses are energy-efficient. Carrying a passenger over 100 kms by coach only takes 0.6-0.9 liters of gas. Compare that to the 2.6 liters required by high-speed train, 6.6 liters by airplane and 7.6 liters by gas-powered car, and it's clear that the bus is a more environmentally-conscious option for your bus transportation from Valparaiso to Santiago.
Create your own real life musical score by curating a personalized bus travel playlist - the perfect accompaniment to your bus ride from Valparaiso to Santiago.
Did you know?
9.2% of ground transportation in Europe is done by bus versus 7.4% by train.
It takes 27 hours to go by bus from Lima to Cusco, one of the craziest bus trips on the world. This route is used daily by locals and backpackers.
The average number of passengers on a coach bus is 32 meaning that a bus could replace a minimum of at least 30 cars!
Why choose Busbud?
The Best Way To Book Bus and Train Tickets
Busbud.com makes it easy for you to find, compare and book city-to-city bus tickets, all over the world. We save you the extra trip to the bus station. With several language and currency options available, Busbud seeks to cater to international bus travellers no matter where they are in the world. Busbud partners with safe and reliable bus companies throughout the world such as Greyhound, Eurolines, ALSA, OUIBUS (BlaBlaBus), National Express and many others so you can buy tickets without a worry.
Popular Buses Connecting Valparaiso
Buses Leaving from Valparaiso
- Bus from Valparaiso to La Serena
- Bus Valparaiso - Mendoza
- Valparaiso - Concepción
- Bus from Valparaiso to Puerto Montt
- Bus Valparaiso - Temuco
- Valparaiso - Pucon
- Bus from Valparaiso to Vina del Mar
- Bus Valparaiso - Casablanca
- Valparaiso - San Pedro de Atacama
- Bus from Valparaiso to Calama
- Bus Valparaiso - San Antonio
- Valparaiso - Puerto Varas
- Bus from Valparaiso to Algarrobo
- Bus Valparaiso - Antofagasta
Buses Going to Valparaiso
- Bus from La Serena to Valparaiso
- Bus Mendoza - Valparaiso
- Concepción - Valparaiso
- Bus from Puerto Montt to Valparaiso
- Bus Pucon - Valparaiso
- Talca - Valparaiso
- Bus from Valdivia to Valparaiso
- Bus Antofagasta - Valparaiso
- Vina del Mar - Valparaiso
- Bus from San Pedro de Atacama to Valparaiso
- Bus Calama - Valparaiso
- Osorno Province - Valparaiso
- Bus from Casablanca to Valparaiso
- Bus Algarrobo - Valparaiso
Popular Buses Connecting Santiago
Buses Leaving from Santiago
- Bus from Santiago to Concepción
- Bus Santiago - Temuco
- Santiago - Talca
- Bus from Santiago to Rancagua
- Bus Santiago - Valdivia
- Santiago - Buenos Aires
- Bus from Santiago to San Antonio
- Bus Santiago - Matanzas
- Santiago - Santa Cruz
- Bus from Santiago to Punta Arenas
- Bus Santiago - Castro
- Santiago - La Unión
- Bus from Santiago to Puerto Varas
- Bus Santiago - Algarrobo
- Santiago - Chillan
Buses Going to Santiago
- Bus from Concepción to Santiago
- Bus Temuco - Santiago
- Talca - Santiago
- Bus from Rancagua to Santiago
- Bus Valdivia - Santiago
- Antofagasta - Santiago
- Bus from Pichilemu to Santiago
- Bus Castro - Santiago
- Arica Province - Santiago
- Bus from Osorno Province to Santiago
- Bus San Pedro de la Paz - Santiago
- Puerto Varas - Santiago
- Bus from Maitencillo to Santiago
- Bus Los Angeles - Santiago
- Ancud - Santiago
Popular routes in this country
- Bus from Torres del Paine to Puerto Natales
- Bus San Pedro de Atacama - Calama
- Santiago - Pucon
- Bus from Santiago to Vina del Mar
- Bus Pucon - Santiago
- Santiago - San Pedro de Atacama
- Bus from Calama to Santiago
- Bus San Pedro de Atacama - Santiago
- Santiago - Calama
- Bus from Pucon to Puerto Montt
- Bus Vina del Mar - Santiago
- Puerto Montt - Pucon
- Bus from Punta Arenas to Torres del Paine
- Bus Santiago - Pichilemu
- San Antonio - Santiago