Cheap buses leaving today
One passenger / one way
- Journey Overview
- Trip reviews
- Compare bus companies
- City Guide
- Information on this bus route
- Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Puerto Escondido and Oaxaca?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Best time to book your trip
- About Bus Travel
- What's the cheapest way to go from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca?
- Will you be returning to Oaxaca by bus?
- Top travelled bus routes
- Why choose Busbud?
- Popular Buses Connecting Puerto Escondido
- Popular Buses Connecting Oaxaca
- Popular Routes In This Country
Bus Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca: Trip Overview
See what travelers are saying about the trip from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca
3.6 out of 5 stars
User reviews from travelers who booked a bus ticket from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca
Ratings and Reviews (89)
Alejandra R.November 3, 2023
Elizabeth D.October 28, 2023
Andrew G.September 13, 2023
Cassandra C.September 4, 2023
Joshua M.August 20, 2023
Compare bus companies
Customers have expressed mixed opinions about the bus service. Some customers were satisfied with comfortable seats and punctuality, while others complained about rude staff, loud movies playing throughout the trip, and uncomfortable experiences due to cold temperatures or broken down buses.
OCC Puerto Escondido Oaxaca recent customer reviews
I only wish there were a more direct bus route so I didn't spend an extra 5 hours or the bus. But it was comfy and I had no complaints about the service
It was the worst experience of my life. Rude drivers. Bus broke down after 4 hours then was dangerously driven with a broken gear box. Air conditioning broke leaving us in a 40 degree sweat box with no water or air (I thought someone was going to pass out) Genuinely couldn’t be more disappointed. An hour late aswell to add insult to injury. Awful. Will never step foot on an OCC bus again in my life
firstly they only exchanged one ticket of the two tickets i wanted to change dates for. so i had to pay for a third ticket. the driver was extremely rude to everyone on the bus, then the driver tried to leave us behind in the middle of nowhere at a customs checkpoint and told the officials that we didn’t have a visa. this was not true and there was no reason for him to say this. he wanted to drive away before we could explain and we had to beg the officials to stop him from driving away so we could join him.
According to customer reviews, the bus service has received mixed feedback. Some customers praise the great facilities and helpful staff despite language barriers. However, others complain about uncomfortable seats, bumpy roads, broken air conditioning causing excessive heat and difficulty sleeping. Additionally, there were reports of buses breaking down on multiple occasions and inappropriate comments made by staff towards female passengers.
ADO GL Puerto Escondido Oaxaca recent customer reviews
El baño de mujeres no funcionaba, y por lo mismo hubo mal olor todo el recorrido. El volumen del televisor estuvo muy alto y distorsionado. El busero manejaba muy rápido en general. He experimentado mejor servicio en compañías de la competencia como primera plus
It took as long as it advertised with just two other stops at the start. Only down was that the plug outlet didn’t work. Also, it gets quite cold so bring warm clothes!
Bus departed on time . Bus trip was comfortable. Water was provided. English explanation would have been appreciated. Even a taped recording .
Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca Buses
Busbud shows you the best bus ticket fares and bus schedules so you can easily plan and book a trip by bus from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca.
We make it our job to connect you with the most dependable bus companies that cover bus service from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca.
Discover how much the bus trip from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca will cost you. Use our filters and sorting features to find the cheapest bus tickets or luxury buses.
Information on this bus route
|Earliest and Latest Bus Departures||7:00AM - 9:30PM|
|Average Ticket Price||$50|
|Minimum Trip Duration||10h20m|
|Average Bus Trip Duration||10h30m|
|Distance||87 miles (140 km)|
|Bus Companies on This Route||OCC, ADO GL|
Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Puerto Escondido and Oaxaca?
Frequently asked questions for your trip Puerto Escondido - Oaxaca
Taking the bus is the best way to travel to Oaxaca without a car. Traveling by bus offers a budget-friendly, secure, and easy way to go between the two cities. Alternatively, you can also use carpooling services.
On average, the trip from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca takes around 10h 30m, although the minimum time it takes to get there is 10h 20m with the fastest bus. This is the time it takes to travel the 86 miles (138 km) that separate the two cities.
The distance separating Puerto Escondido and Oaxaca is 86 miles (138 km).
About 3 buses travel this route daily, provided by OCC and ADO GL. The number of buses operating from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca may change based on the day of the week. Want to make your bus journey from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca as smooth as possible? Busbud has got you covered! Browse schedules, pick the perfect bus for your travel style and budget - all in one place.
The bus service operates between 7:00 AM and 9:30 PM.
The majority of buses traveling from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca start their journey at Terminal de Autobuses de Puerto Escondido and wind up at Terminal ADO. These are the most popular pick-up and drop-off locations on this route, but you can find others that could fit better into your travel plans.
The cheapest way to travel this route is by bus. With prices starting at $48, you won't find a cheaper way to get there.
You can expect to pay around $50 for a bus ticket. Over the last 30 days, the prices ranged between $48 and $57, so make sure to compare them to get the best option.
Find cheapest prices for buses
Price is for a one-way ticket for one passenger and based on past searches.
To save money and be sure you have the best seat, it's a good idea to buy your bus tickets from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca, as early as possible.
You can expect to pay from $42 to $49 for a bus ticket from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca based on the last 2 days. You can expect to find the cheapest price for the trip at $42 which is on 2023-12-03.
Usually ADO GL will charge you higher prices for tickets closer to the departure date. To find the best prices, you should be flexible on your date of travel.
About Bus Travel
Bus Travel Tips
If you're abroad, study some local language. Not only could it get you out of a pickle during your bus trip from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca but it'll also be endearing to native speakers who will surely appreciate your effort.
From miles long of beauteous natural landscapes to impressive man-crafted sights, you're bound to be in for a visual treat on your bus trip from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca.
Buses have one of the smallest carbon footprints of motorized transport modes. A bus going from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca will emit less CO2 than a car or an airplane.
Tune out to the fine sounds of your best music playlist on your bus trip from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca while indulging in miles on end of beautiful scenic views.
Did you know?
Did you know some bus companies in Germany offer to their passenger low-costs snacks and regional beer based on their destination? Prosit!
One of the longest bus route in the world goes all the way from Ontario to Alberta in Canada (with the same bus). This trip is 3,435 km or 2,135 miles long and the price is a bit under $100.
Did you know there are on average 4,400 intercity bus departures every day in the US only? This number has been growing for 9 years in a row, yay!
Why choose Busbud?
The Best Way To Book Bus and Train Tickets
Busbud.com makes it easy for you to find, compare and book city-to-city bus tickets, all over the world. We save you the extra trip to the bus station. With several language and currency options available, Busbud seeks to cater to international bus travellers no matter where they are in the world. Busbud partners with safe and reliable bus companies throughout the world such as Greyhound, Eurolines, ALSA, OUIBUS (BlaBlaBus), National Express and many others so you can buy tickets without a worry.
Popular Buses Connecting Puerto Escondido
Buses Leaving from Puerto Escondido
- Bus from Puerto Escondido to Mexico
- Bus Puerto Escondido - Acapulco
- Puerto Escondido - San Cristóbal
- Bus from Puerto Escondido to Cancún
- Bus Puerto Escondido - Santa Maria Huatulco
- Puerto Escondido - Pochutla
- Bus from Puerto Escondido to Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- Bus Puerto Escondido - Puebla
- Puerto Escondido - Chiapas
- Bus from Puerto Escondido to Salina Cruz
- Bus Puerto Escondido - Tapachula
- Puerto Escondido - Bacalar
- Bus from Puerto Escondido to Tulum
- Bus Puerto Escondido - Mérida
- Puerto Escondido - Guadalajara
Buses Going to Puerto Escondido
- Bus from Mexico to Puerto Escondido
- Bus Acapulco - Puerto Escondido
- Puebla - Puerto Escondido
- Bus from San Cristóbal de las Casas to Puerto Escondido
- Bus Cancún - Puerto Escondido
- San Cristóbal - Puerto Escondido
- Bus from Tuxtla Gutiérrez to Puerto Escondido
- Bus Palenque - Puerto Escondido
- Pochutla - Puerto Escondido
- Bus from Bacalar to Puerto Escondido
- Bus Tapachula - Puerto Escondido
- Playa del Carmen - Puerto Escondido
- Bus from Juchitán de Zaragoza to Puerto Escondido
- Bus Santa Maria Huatulco - Puerto Escondido
- Mérida - Puerto Escondido
Popular Buses Connecting Oaxaca
Buses Leaving from Oaxaca
- Bus from Oaxaca to Puebla
- Bus Oaxaca - Mérida
- Oaxaca - Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- Bus from Oaxaca to Acapulco
- Bus Oaxaca - San Cristóbal
- Oaxaca - Cancún
- Bus from Oaxaca to Palenque
- Bus Oaxaca - Veracruz
- Oaxaca - Pochutla
- Bus from Oaxaca to Tapachula
- Bus Oaxaca - Santa Maria Huatulco
- Oaxaca - Villahermosa
- Bus from Oaxaca to Juchitán de Zaragoza
- Bus Oaxaca - Guadalajara
- Oaxaca - Tulum
Buses Going to Oaxaca
- Bus from San Cristóbal de las Casas to Oaxaca
- Bus Mérida - Oaxaca
- Acapulco - Oaxaca
- Bus from Cancún to Oaxaca
- Bus San Cristóbal - Oaxaca
- Guadalajara - Oaxaca
- Bus from Tapachula to Oaxaca
- Bus Tuxtla Gutiérrez - Oaxaca
- Pochutla - Oaxaca
- Bus from Veracruz to Oaxaca
- Bus Juchitán de Zaragoza - Oaxaca
- Palenque - Oaxaca
- Bus from Tulum to Oaxaca
- Bus Arriaga - Oaxaca
- Tijuana - Oaxaca
Popular routes in this country
- Bus from Playa del Carmen to Cancún
- Bus Mérida - Cancún
- Chiquilá - Cancún
- Bus from Tulum to Playa del Carmen
- Bus Chetumal - Cancún
- Puerto Escondido - Oaxaca
- Bus from Cancún to Valladolid
- Bus Cancún - Bacalar
- Puebla - Oaxaca
- Bus from Bacalar to Cancún
- Bus Puebla - Mexico
- Oaxaca - San Cristóbal de las Casas
- Bus from Bacalar to Tulum
- Bus Valladolid - Cancún
- Puerto Escondido - San Cristóbal de las Casas