Cheap buses leaving tomorrow
One passenger / one way
- Journey Overview
- Trip reviews
- Compare bus companies
- City Guide
- Information on this bus route
- Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Santa Barbara, CA and Los Angeles, CA?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Best time to book your trip
- About Bus Travel
- What's the cheapest way to go from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles?
- Will you be returning to Los Angeles by bus?
- You can also go to Los Angeles by train
- Top travelled bus routes
- Why choose Busbud?
- Popular Buses Connecting Santa Barbara
- Popular Buses Connecting Los Angeles
- Popular Routes In This Country
- Popular airport transfers
Bus Santa Barbara to Los Angeles: Trip Overview
See what travelers are saying about the trip from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles
3.0 out of 5 stars
User reviews from travelers who booked a bus ticket from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles
Ratings and Reviews (52)
Jordan L.June 12, 2023
Jeremy B.January 21, 2023
Sang Hak L.July 1, 2022
Ryan F.September 9, 2020
Mina A.December 28, 2019
Compare bus companies
FlixBus offers reliable, affordable transportation between cities in United States. To provide convenient travel times to its customers, they have an average of 109189 departures per day, with options for direct or connecting trips. With comfortable buses and prices ranging from $21.00 to $66.00, FlixBus is a convenient and affordable way to travel. Their frequently updated schedules make it easy to plan your next road trip or weekend getaway. So sit back, relax, and let FlixBus take care of the driving.
FlixBus Santa Barbara Los Angeles recent customer reviews
I enjoyed the helpfulness of my driver and the efficiency of the ride. I didn’t enjoy being seated behind the enormous unit behind the driver.
Customers have mixed opinions about the service. Some mention that it was a fine ride, not as bad as others claim, but this may be due to the short distance. However, there are also requests for restrooms at stations considering long journeys.
Greyhound Santa Barbara Los Angeles recent customer reviews
Overall, it was a fine ride. Not as bad as other people make it out to be, but it may be because it was a short distance.
The bus left 10 minutes before it was scheduled to. I arrived at the train station 8 minutes before the scheduled departure
They canceled the bus Schedule but didn’t tell us until we went to the station. Also, an attitude of the staff at the station was very bad.
Santa Barbara to Los Angeles Buses
With Busbud, comparing and booking tickets for a bus from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles is a breeze. Browse through an extensive selection of bus fares and bus schedules to find the best deals.
We make sure you can find a bus service from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles from the most reliable bus companies operating this trip.
Discover how much the bus trip from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles will cost you. Use our filters and sorting features to find the cheapest bus tickets or luxury buses.
Information on this bus route
|Earliest and Latest Bus Departures||6:00AM - 9:55PM|
|Average Ticket Price||$28|
|Minimum Trip Duration||1h45m|
|Average Bus Trip Duration||2h40m|
|Distance||76 miles (121 km)|
|Bus Companies on This Route||FlixBus, Amtrak, Greyhound|
Where are the popular bus stations and stops in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles?
Frequently asked questions for your trip Santa Barbara - Los Angeles
You can travel between these two cities by bus or train. Either way you choose, you'll be sure to reach your destination in the most convenient and eco-friendly way. Another option you should consider is using carpooling services, which allow you to share a car ride with other travelers.
On average, the trip from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles takes around 2h 40m, but the fastest bus can get you there in about 1h 45m. This is the time it takes to travel the 87 miles (141 km) that separate the two cities.
The distance between the two cities is 87 miles (141 km).
On average, there are 13 daily departures on this route, offered by FlixBus, Amtrak and Greyhound. The number of buses operating from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles may change based on the day of the week. Busbud can make your trip from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles a breeze! Simply check the schedules and pick the bus that matches your style and budget. It's that easy!
The first bus leaves at 6:00 AM and the last one leaves at 9:55 PM.
Most of the buses traveling from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles leave from Train Station and arrive at UCLA. These are the main departure and arrival locations on this route, but you can also find other options that could better fit your plans.
Go for the bus if you want the most economical way to travel this route. The lowest tickets for this trip cost as little as $17.
The average bus ticket price from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles is $28. Over the last 30 days, the prices ranged between $17 and $66, so make sure to compare them to get the best option.
Yes, you can do a day trip from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles. The total time it takes to make a round-trip between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles is about 3h 30m. This allows for plenty of time to explore the sights in Los Angeles before returning to Santa Barbara in the evening.
Once in Los Angeles, you can start exploring the city and discover its surroundings. The top sights and things to do are Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), Universal Studios & Universal City Walk, Getty Center, Downtown Art Walk and Disneyland.
Find cheapest prices for buses
Price is for a one-way ticket for one passenger and based on past searches.
To save money and be sure you have the best seat, it's a good idea to buy your bus tickets from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles, as early as possible.
You can expect to pay from $14 to $40 for a bus ticket from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles based on the last 1 days. You can expect to find the cheapest price for the trip at $14 which is on 2023-12-08.
Usually Amtrak will charge you higher prices for tickets closer to the departure date. To find the best prices, you should be flexible on your date of travel.
About Bus Travel
Bus Travel Tips
Meet and talk to locals at the bus stations while traveling from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles.There is no better way to get inside travel information while exploring a new city than to go straight to its people.
Start sightseeing the minute your bus leaves the station. If you're on the night bus from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles, get comfy and count the stars.
Buses have one of the smallest carbon footprints of motorized transport modes. A bus going from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles will emit less CO2 than a car or an airplane.
Make a music playlist for your bus ride from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles, and enjoy the scenery to tunes from your own personal soundtrack.
Did you know?
Did you know some bus companies in Germany offer to their passenger low-costs snacks and regional beer based on their destination? Prosit!
Did you know there are on average 4,400 intercity bus departures every day in the US only? This number has been growing for 9 years in a row, yay!
Did you know that 80% of the buses in North America are equipped with WiFi and power outlets ? And 60% of bus travelers have used their electronic device on board during 2014.
What's the cheapest way to go from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles?
|Vehicle Type||Travel Time||Avg Price||Daily Departures|
|Vehicle TypeBus||Travel Time2h 40m||Avg Price$28||Daily Departures13|
|Vehicle TypeTrain||Travel Time2h 53m||Avg Price$34||Daily Departures11|
The best way to travel between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles is by bus. By choosing the bus, you'll get to save some money as you travel to your destination, as ticket prices cost $28 on average. If you're on a budget, you'll find cheap tickets from $17. If you're looking for the fastest way to get to Los Angeles, choose the bus, as it will take you from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles in about 2h 40m - that's the fastest way to get there!
Why choose Busbud?
The Best Way To Book Bus and Train Tickets
Busbud.com makes it easy for you to find, compare and book city-to-city bus tickets, all over the world. We save you the extra trip to the bus station. With several language and currency options available, Busbud seeks to cater to international bus travellers no matter where they are in the world. Busbud partners with safe and reliable bus companies throughout the world such as Greyhound, Eurolines, ALSA, OUIBUS (BlaBlaBus), National Express and many others so you can buy tickets without a worry.
Popular Buses Connecting Santa Barbara
Buses Leaving from Santa Barbara
- Bus from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles
- Bus Santa Barbara - Ventura
- Santa Barbara - San Francisco
- Bus from Santa Barbara to San Jose
- Bus Santa Barbara - San Diego
- Santa Barbara - San Luis Obispo
- Bus from Santa Barbara to Santa Maria
- Bus Santa Barbara - Bakersfield
- Santa Barbara - Sacramento
- Bus from Santa Barbara to Oxnard
- Bus Santa Barbara - Yosemite National Park
- Santa Barbara - Irvine
- Bus from Santa Barbara to Burbank
- Bus Santa Barbara - Monterey
Buses Going to Santa Barbara
- Bus from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara
- Bus Ventura - Santa Barbara
- San Jose - Santa Barbara
- Bus from San Francisco to Santa Barbara
- Bus San Diego - Santa Barbara
- Santa Maria - Santa Barbara
- Bus from San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara
- Bus Bakersfield - Santa Barbara
- Oxnard - Santa Barbara
- Bus from Sacramento to Santa Barbara
- Bus Las Vegas - Santa Barbara
- Phoenix - Santa Barbara
- Bus from Burbank to Santa Barbara
- Bus Santa Monica - Santa Barbara
- Monterey - Santa Barbara
Popular Buses Connecting Los Angeles
Buses Leaving from Los Angeles
- Bus from Los Angeles to Palm Springs
- Bus Los Angeles - Phoenix
- Los Angeles - San Jose
- Bus from Los Angeles to Sacramento
- Bus Los Angeles - Tijuana
- Los Angeles - Santa Barbara
- Bus from Los Angeles to Bakersfield
- Bus Los Angeles - New York
- Los Angeles - Fresno
- Bus from Los Angeles to Dallas
- Bus Los Angeles - San Ysidro
- Los Angeles - Seattle
- Bus from Los Angeles to Yosemite National Park
- Bus Los Angeles - Salt Lake City
- Los Angeles - Oakland
Buses Going to Los Angeles
- Bus from San Francisco to Los Angeles
- Bus San Jose - Los Angeles
- Phoenix - Los Angeles
- Bus from Palm Springs to Los Angeles
- Bus Sacramento - Los Angeles
- New York - Los Angeles
- Bus from Bakersfield to Los Angeles
- Bus Santa Barbara - Los Angeles
- Dallas - Los Angeles
- Bus from San Ysidro to Los Angeles
- Bus Fresno - Los Angeles
- Oakland - Los Angeles
- Bus from Houston to Los Angeles
- Bus Salt Lake City - Los Angeles
- Riverside - Los Angeles
Popular routes in this country
- Bus from Albany to New York
- Bus Orlando - Fort Lauderdale
- Dallas - Houston
- Bus from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando
- Bus Newark - Washington
- New York - Buffalo
- Bus from Buffalo to New York
- Bus San Diego - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles - San Francisco
- Bus from Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- Bus Tampa - Miami
- Hartford - New York
- Bus from Gainesville to Orlando
- Bus Los Angeles - San Diego
- Boston - Newark